This is a typical daily menu. It varies, but for the most part, this is what I eat during the day:
- 2-3 eggs (fried or scrambled in coconut oil, an omelet with spinach, red onions and feta cheese, as an egg drink, or 2-3 hard boiled eggs mixed with mayonnaise)
- 2-3 slices of bacon or 2 slices of canned corn beef (not the hash!)
- 1/4 cup of low carb salsa
- 1/4 cup of sauerkraut
- Coffee with full fat milk or HWC (if I have it) and stevia
I do skip lunch!
- a decent portion of meat (could be 2 fish fillets, 2 chicken thighs (not breaded, unless using ground pork rinds), a large chicken breast (not breaded, unless using ground pork rings), 2 hamburger patties, 2 medium pork chops, etc.)
- 1 cup of cooked LC veggies (no corn, carrots, peas, potatoes, most winter squashes or beets)
- cook all meats in coconut oil, add butter or cheese sauce to veggies, sometimes add butter to fish
- sometimes I will also add a small salad of greens, red onions, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, parm cheese and olives with full fat ranch dressing
Night time snack, as needed (these are examples of snacks I might have. I do not eat ALL of these in one snack):
- a few reg pork rinds with a couple Tbsp of full fat ranch dip or full fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup of full fat cottage cheese with a few slices of tomatoes or a couple slices of avocado.
- small can of tuna mixed with mayonnaise, a few dill pickle chips, or olives
- a Tbsp of almond butter spread on celery sticks
I try to follow the Food List (in Pages) as a guideline. I do use more coconut oil than the other oils, and I add a LOT of spices and herbs to my foods. I try to avoid too much dairy unless it is HWC, whole fat milk, butter or parm cheese because of the lactose (it is a carb!)
I tend to eat simple foods, WHOLE foods as often as possible, fresh or frozen vegetables, and stay away from processed meats (sandwich meats, hot dogs, most sausages) and cheeses (reg sandwich cheese (American) and velvetta). I get my carbs mainly from vegetables and the small amounts of dairy.
If you have any questions about anything that I eat, let me know in the comments.