It’s been 2 weeks since my last update. I fell off the wagon a bit (went out of ketosis) during the Thanksgiving weekend because I indulged in a small slice of chocolate pudding pie. It was bad. Caused my BGLs to go into the 300s and stayed high for about 5 days. I’ve learned my lesson well. And as a result, I’ve had to go back on insulin. *sighs* Oh well, we live and learn and this is a learning experience! Onward to the updates:
- I’ve decided to give up the BPCs. I love them, I really do, but I’ve decided to get my fats from real foods instead of just eating pure fat. So I am upping my intake of avocados and olives. I will still be using coconut oil and butter, but in my cooking only.
- I am keeping my protein at around 50 grams per day because too much keeps spiking insulin and increasing my BGLs. As a result, I have been eating less fish because it is so high in protein and lower in fat. The only exceptions are tuna, trout, salmon and sardines. However, I am limiting these to about 3 grams servings. I will be adding pork and beef back to my diet, but again at only 3 grams servings. Eggs are still my best friend and I eat 2-3 of these at a meal.
- I am avoiding the scale. It’s not that I am not losing weight, but I have learned that my weight shifts quite a bit. Some days I am down 2-3 lbs, other days back up again. This is a motivation-buster. Instead, I am measuring my waist. Down 4 inches! I read somewhere that each inch is about 5 lbs of weight loss, so yes, I am down 20 lbs. I was able to get back into some clothes that I haven’t worn in about 3-4 years and that is a motivation-enhancer!
- My energy levels are still high, my mood enhanced, my brain is sharper, my eyesight is great and especially the night vision, hair and skin still soft and shiny, pain in my body still greatly reduced… so all systems are a go!
- Constipation has not been an issue since I add psyllium husk to my diet. I plan to add chia seeds to my diet soon (with coconut milk, yum!) because of all of the great benefits I have read about them in regards to fiber.
- I am drinking much more water and green tea these days. Giving coffee a slight rest (still having 1-2 cups per day though).
- Sleep is still a bit of an issue for me. Some days I sleep well, others not so well. I have cut out all caffeine after 4 pm and this does seem to help some. Now if I can just get on a regular sleeping pattern. That is the hardest part.
- I am still having some issues with the neuropathy in my feet, but this does seem to be improving. I started taking my B-vitamins at night which seems to be helping.
Well, that about does it for this update. On a good end-note, one of my cousins came to visit recently and he said he could tell a definite change in my weight and overall health. Yay! A big score there.