Here is a list of observations I have made on my health since beginning the LCHF WOE on Aug. 27th:
- My glucose levels have come down drastically. Morning fasting numbers range from 80-115. Before each meals, my numbers have not been above 135 and are usually around 115. Two hours after meals, my numbers have been as low as 98, but never higher than 135. Before bedtime, no higher than 130 and often as low as 80. Before this, my numbers ranged from 175 at the lowest to as high as in the 300s.
- I have been averaging about 2 meals a day (breakfast and dinner) with maybe a snack before bedtime, if needed. I stay full for up to 6+ hours now.
- I have had no cravings for sweets or breads (my main weakness).
- Before this WOE, I had episodes of severe constipation. Eliminations came about 2-3 times a WEEK. Now I have eliminations on average of 2 times per DAY.
- Allergies have reduced. Less frequent sneezing fits, itchy eyes, and sinus headaches.
- I now sleep on average of 6 hours per day and usually in 3 hour implements. Three hours between the hours of (10/11 pm to 1/2 am and 11 am/12 pm to 2/3 pm). I have more energy.
- My mood is elevated (suffer from depression and anxiety), I am less fatigued during the day, very little brain fog, and clearer focus.
- My night vision has greatly improved and my overall eyesight is sharper.
- Very little acid reflux unless I eat too many acidic foods like tomato sauce.
- My hair is shinier, my skin is smoother, my nails are growing better and not brittle, my joints are looser, very little swelling in my ankles and feet, and the pain is minimal from the neuropathy in my feet.